After a busy weekend, I’m just now getting to blogging about “Fun Friday” while N and C do some independent work on this lovely Monday morning.
N (age 11):
- Reading: N read a chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- Bible: N and C practiced their memory verses and recited the books of the Old Testament. They learned about Jacob being tricked by Laban, and both of the girls decided that Jacob deserved a taste of his own medicine.
- Science: N and C concluded that the rock flower bloomed best in vinegar because vinegar is an acid and the minerals on the rock must be a base.
Then, I cracked open a geode so N and C could look at the crystal structure formed inside of it.
- History: N and C removed the chicken that we mummified five years ago from its salt mixture, and we got a good look at the end product of mummification, right down to the little feather bristles that were still on the chicken’s skin.
- Geography: N and C filled in maps of South and Central America for review.
C (age 9):
- Reading: C read Goddess Girls: Pheme the Gossip for 20 minutes.
- Bible: Combined class with N.
- Science: Combined class with N.
- History: Combined class with N.
- Geography: Combined class with N.
S (age 6):
- Math: S counted to 100 by 1s and 10s using the 100-number chart for number recognition. She counted backwards from 10-1. For her lesson, she had an oral assessment using blocks to identify ordinal position up to fourth. She did very well.
- Reading: S completed a review sheet on the letter V from The Measured Mom. S and I sang the alphabet song together. S located the letter W on the letter chart. I read her a short poem about a waddling walrus. S colored a picture of the letter W and a walrus. We played the game where I gave a starting sound to a word, paused, then said the rest of the word (“Ffff …. lag”). S then guessed the word. I read S another chapter of My Side of the Mountain.
- Writing: S practiced the writing the letter W on a custom worksheet.