“Fun Friday”! N had a little make-up math to do, but the rest of the day is dedicated to fun!
N (age 11):
- Math: N warmed up with mental math and a multiplication worksheet. Her lesson was on using proportions to solve ratio problems. Again, it’s the same concept that she’s been performing for a while now, but new applications for the concept are being added. She finished the lesson in fewer than five minutes. She needs to finish her lesson practice before she can come camping with us tonight.
- Bible: N and C learned about the tower of Babel. They located Babylonia on a map. Then we discussed the continental drift in relation to the Tower of Babel. They practiced their memory verse for the week and recited the books of the Bible through Esther.
- Science: Plate tectonics gave us a great excuse to make more chocolate covered earth balls!
- Art: N has been wanting to experiment with oil pastels, but we keep running out of time after our regular work during the week and have been unable to squeeze it in. Today, N and C studied Monet’s Water Lilies. We then copied Monet’s style and did an oil pastel/watercolor resist of Water Lilies.
- Camping skills: Camping trip tonight! Today and tomorrow, the kids will focus on tent erection and tear down, fire starting, campfire cooking, and other things.
C (age 9):
- Bible: Combined class with N.
- Science: Combined class with N.
- Art: Combined class with N.
- Camping skills: Combined class with N and S.
S (age 6):
- Camping Skills: Combined class with N and C. She will practice her reading, writing, and math skills on the camping trip using flashcards and dirt writing.